Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pins of the Week




Surely you all are on Pinterest by now, right?  You know, that highly addictive site where you can "PIN" a new recipe that you want to try, create a board of your dream vacation, cool DIY projects, artwork and on and on.  I can spend HOURS on that site and have actually been know to do so! 

I thought it might be cool if I passed on some of my pins through the week that I actually TRIED and let you know what I think of them.  So, here goes the first weekly post of "Pins of the Week".....

Oh, and by the by, come follow me on Pinterest - I need to share my madness with others!  Leave your comments below and I'll be sure to check out your boards as well.

Gooey Buttercake, also known as Chess Squares. Takes only 5 ingredients (yellow cake mix, eggs, cream cheese, butter, & powdered sugar) & is super easy to make.
Chess Bars, Butter Cake, St. Louis Bars
Oh my god, these were insanely sweet, decadent, fattening and just super sinful!  These bars go by MANY names but the end result is the same - DELISH!

Grilled garlic-parmesan tomatoes
Garlic Parmesan Tomatoes

Ok - we didn't grill these but I did do them in a 350 oven until cheese was browned.  Talk about an AWESOME side dish!  Sweet and salty all at the same time - these definitely made the menu rotation in this house!

Lemon Rice

Another favorite in our house!  The smell is absolutely intoxicating and the flavor?  You'll NEVER eat plain rice again - EVER!

Well, those are just a few of the pins I tried this week and I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.  See ya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment