Friday, September 14, 2012

I Bake When I'm Stressed - I Bake ALOT!

Wow, the day started out shitty and just kept going downhill from there.  I tried like hell to keep up with the pace and roll with the punches but I just kept getting more and more bruised.  Different people do different things to deal with stress:  Some drink alcohol, some clean, some cry, some scream......I BAKE.  I am not sure what it is but the whole process calms me.  There is nothing like looking at the Holy Trinity of butter, sugar and flour and creating.  I don't even have to eat what I bake - just bake and give away.

After my bruised day I grabbed the bruised bananas and got to creating.  Here is my recipe for Bruised Banana Coco(NUT) Muffins.  If you're like me and you like to bake - give them a try!  They work for me EVERYTIME!

http://distilleryimage3.instagram.com/0ae80094fdf611e1a5a612313b0a4c95_7.jpg
Bruised Banana Coco(NUT) Muffins


Bruised Banana Coco(NUT) Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 2 c AP Flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 c butter, softened
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 2 bruised bananas, mashed
  • 1 tsp cinnamon (or more to taste)
  • 5 tbs milk
  • 1/2 c chopped pecans
  • 1/2 c coconut

You will need 3 bowls.  One large and two small.  


Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a muffin tin or use paper liners.  I don't care, I am not the muffin police!

Peel and mash the bruised bananas in one bowl and set aside.  The worse the day the more you can mash!  ;)

In second small bowl sift together AP flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Set aside.

In large bowl cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar until well blended.  Mix in slightly beaten egg, then the bananas then the cinnamon.  Slowly mix in the dry ingredients.  Once combined add pecans and coconut.  Honestly, I never measure the cinnamon, pecans or coconut.  I just eyeball the cinnamon in the palm of my hand and then just grab handfuls of pecans and coconut.  Mix all together.  Once mixed, add the 5 tbs of milk - stir SLOWLY!  If not, you'll have a mess all over the counter!

Once all combined distribute evenly among muffin cups.  I usually get 16 muffins from this recipe.  Bake in 350 oven for appx 20 mins or until tops are browned.

Enjoy and move on with your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment