|Following in his dad's footsteps (and mine) for sure!|
I will say that his coffee cake was absolute perfection and he DID say I could share the recipe. ;) This coffee cake came out very moist and the perfect coffee cake consistency. Not bad for his first one, not bad at all! This would definitely be considered a "quick" coffee cake but both he and I are excited to see the tweeks he makes next with flavors and add-ins.
|Coffee Cake with a Punk Kid Attitude|
- 1 1/2 c AP flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 6 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 c shortening
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbs butter, melted
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 Tbs AP flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425. Grease and flour a 9 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in the shortening to the size of small peas.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and then stir in the milk and vanilla. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture all at once. Stir until just blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Drizzle top with the melted butter.
- In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of cake. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
I LOVE comments! Let me know what you think......