Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
- Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post. Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs.
11 Things About Me:
1. I have the most amazing kid on the planet! I was told that having children was going to be difficult if not near impossible for me. My husband and I decided we wanted to try anyhow and, lo and behold, just 4 months after that decision we were pregnant! That was almost 13 years ago and we have never been happier! Yep, that's him in MY bed with his "stupid" dog. ;)
2. I LOVE to cook! ;) If you already read my blog then you know that. I didn't grow up with breakfast, lunch or dinner made - had to fend for myself. Once I started experimenting in cooking in my early 20s I was unstoppable!
3. I am married to a chef. WOW - the competition in this house is fever high! We have fun though and it never gets too out of hand.
4. I was adopted when I was a baby. I found my birthparents in my early 30s and you would NEVER know that we have ever been apart. I love them so, so much and don't know now what I would do without them!
5. I am a DOG LOVER! We have a HUGE Golden Retriever, Tug, that weighs in at about 120lbs. He is NOT fat but really, really tall. We also have the "stupid" dog in the pic above, Brodie. He is our shelter dog and he is a complete nutcase! But, we love him dearly!
6. I have lived in several countries and traveled the world extensively, Oman, Germany, Seychelles, Japan, China, Phillipines, Thailand, India, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Pakistan, Iran, Mexico, Canada, Bahamas, Aruba and Egypt. I may have left a few out.
7. I have a funeral playlist! It is a list to be played at my funeral -seriously, I do and my husband and son know what it is.
- INXS - The Stairs
- Phil Collins - Take Me Home
- U2 - Bad
- Train - Drops of Jupiter
And there are a few others. ;)
8. I have an extreme fascination with Earthquakes and Volcanoes. One of my remaining bucket list items is to walk the rim of an active volcano.
9. I have a "genius" IQ although you would never know it from some of my decisions! ;) I went to Penn State at only 16 for Aerospace Engineering and then decided that freedom and drinking was more important. What a bad choice that was and if I DID have a regret in my life it was that I didn't take it more seriously. Then again, if I had would I have my incredible husband and son????
10. I LOST a year of my life doped up on Lithium, Depakote, Seroquel and Tramadol due to a whacked out psychiatrist that "thought" I was crazy. Guess what? I was NEVER crazy! Instead, I have POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) - all the symptoms were there and it took me finding my infertility specialist from years ago to help me through it. It sucks but you get through it.
11. I started writing a book about 15 years ago and it STILL isn't finished! I go back to it from time to time and I swear that I will COMPLETE it one day.
Here are the 11 questions that Mommy Needs A Break asked me:
1. What is your biggest phobia? I can't describe it! I guess it's a fear of not being in control. For example, I would FREAK out if I were on top of a mountain and found a fossil knowing that where I was standing was once under the ocean. Anyone have a name for the phobia?
2. If you were on death row, what would you choose for your last meal? A Steambucket! Oysters, Crab Legs, Shrimp, Red Potatoes and Corn on the Cob
3. Who is the sexiest superhero? THOR!!!
4. Is there anything a loved one could do that you could never forgive? What would it be? No questions - adultery.
5. What is the last item you purchased? A lipstick that absolutely sucked! It wasn't the right "red".
6. What is your favorite topic/genre to read about? Murder Mysteries!
7. What is the one item you could not live without? Moisturizer/Lotion
8. Are you a morning person? Didn't use to be but I am NOW! Can't seem to get past 5:30am!
9. What do you consider to be your main fault? I don't have patience! I try and try though!
10. What is one thing you like most about yourself? My sense of humor. I think I am funny as hell! ;)
11. What is one thing most people would NOT know about you? I have a pierced eyebrow. I don't always wear it but when I do the guys know "mom is in crazy mode today!"
And I am passing on the Liebster Award to........
- Sorry Kid, You Mom Doesn't Play Well With Others
- Let Them Eat Cake
- Names Have Been Changed To Protect The Innocent
- Revamp Spunky Rena
- Mod Mom Beyond IndieDom
- Organized Chaos
- Funny PostPartum Lady
- Life On Peanut Layne
- uncorked......just breathe
- What I Had REALLY Meant To Say Was......
- Figuring It Out As We Grow
And here are my questions to YOU!
- What is you most prized possession and why?
- Where is one place that you have never visited that you want to go and why?
- What is your dream job?
- If you could have a super power what would it be?
- Do you believe in ghosts? If so, has anything ever happened to you to make you believe?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Finish this sentence; I AM __________
- What is your favorite Holiday?
- Do you have a FB page? If so, let us know here so we can come follow you!
- Do you have a bucket list and if so, what's on it?
- If you could choose ONE person to speak to that you have never spoken to before who would it be and what would you say or ask?
I LOVE comments! Let me know what you think......