Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Adventures in Oatmeal - How About an Almond Joy for Breakfast!

I don't know what the deal is but I have been obsessed with oatmeal the last few months.  I have experimented with it in SO many ways for breakfast and have developed some really delicious recipes.  A few of my favorites are my Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Natures Trail Oatmeal and THIS one!  Almond Joy Oatmeal.  I will share a bunch of the "recipes" with you but today I just had the Almond Joy Oatmeal so, of course, took pics and thought I would share.


Almond Joy Oatmeal

  • 1/3 c quick cooking oatmeal
  • boiling water
  • 1 tsp brown sugar (at most!)
  • dash or two of cinnamon
  • 1 tbs of semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 tbs of sweetened coconut
  • handful of almonds
Place your oatmeal, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and pour in boiling water.  Everyone likes their oatmeal a different consistency.  With that said, it's up to YOU how much water you put into it.  Stir in the coconut.

Once your oatmeal has finished firming up sprinkle your chocolate chips and almonds on top.  The chocolate chips will melt into your oatmeal and oh my goodness!  What a delicious twist on oatmeal.

Do you have any add-ins that you just love in your oatmeal?  




I LOVE comments! Let me know what you think......

No comments:

Post a Comment