Monday, October 22, 2012

SNACK TIME! Spicy Pumpkin Seeds

I can't wait to carve our pumpkins this year JUST for the seeds!  I love roasting them and using them for everything like on top of salads, mixed into my Autumn Snack Mix, incorporated into Asian Chicken Salad and the list goes on.  We haven't carved pumpkins yet (slackers) but I DID have seeds from my pie pumpkins that I used in my Pumpkin Butter over the weekend.  Remember, I told you to SAVE those seeds!
After about 30 minutes of "cleaning" the seeds by hand (I am sure there is an easier way but honestly?  I just love "playing" in the gooey mess!) I laid them out on parchment paper to dry over night.  After drying you want to mix up the goodness that is going to coat these babies.....
Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.  Spread the seeds out as best you can in one layer.
Roast seeds in the oven for approximately one hour but BE SURE to stir about every 10 - 15 minutes to prevent them from burning!

These are to die for!  Remember, though, we like it SPICY in this house so you may want to alter your spices if you aren't as crazy as the Funley's!

Spice Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
  • 2 c pumpkin seeds
  • 2 tbs butter
  • 2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
  • 1-2 tsp Spice Kick Mix (or your own special blend, I won't be offended)

Preheat oven to 275 degrees.

Place butter, worchestershire sauce and spices in a microwaveable bowl and microwave until butter is melted.  Stir to mix well, add in pumpkins seeds and coat evenly.  Spread coated pumpkin seeds on baking sheet and roast for one hour.  Be sure to stir about every 10-15 minutes to prevent burning.  

You want to get a nice golden brown on your pumpkin seeds.  OMG - these are yummy and I have to STOP eating them as I type this so I can be sure the Funley guys will have some, too!

ENJOY!



I LOVE comments! Let me know what you think......

No comments:

Post a Comment