Saturday, October 20, 2012

Bacon Scallion & Garlic Spread

I absolutely LOVE this time of the year.  Autumn is the beginning of the busy, busy Holiday season.  Halloween rolls into Thanksgiving and then slides right into Christmas and New Year's.  We are always having friends stop by and if they are real friends they know they don't have to call first.  Just show up!  

I always have some kind of go to appetizer on standby for those friendly pop-ins and one of our favorites is this Bacon Scallion and Garlic Spread.  The recipe makes enough for me to have two 4 ounce ceramic tart dishes at any given time just waiting for the friends to show up.  I always have one or two handy so I can grab one as a hostess gift to TAKE to a friend's home as well.

This is a super easy spread to put together in no time, it travels well and everyone loves it. I hope it becomes a favorite in your house as well.  Grab some artisan crackers and a bottle of red and you have the perfect little snack for everyone.

Every weekend I cook a pound of bacon and have it ready for the week.  We use it crumbled on top of salads, in this spread, sandwiches, soups and the occasional "I think I want some bacon" moments.  Come on, admit it, you have them, too!


Bacon, Scallion and Garlic Spread

  • 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 c sour cream
  • 1/4 - 1/2 c scallions, chopped
  • 6 - 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, finely minced
Mix the cream cheese and sour cream together until well blended.  Add in chopped scallions, chopped bacon and minced garlic and mix well.  Spoon spread into your serving dish, cover and refrigerate.  I am able to fill 2 4oz tart dishes which I prefer instead of one bigger dish.  The spread should be refrigerated for at least 4 hours for the flavors to come together.  It is best when refrigerated overnight.

Alter the bacon,scallions and garlic to your taste.  

Enjoy!!

I'd love to know, do you have a go to dip, spread or appetizer for when guests pop in?

   

I LOVE comments! Let me know what you think......

No comments:

Post a Comment