Friday, January 25, 2013

Sweet Pepper Pesto Chicken Pasta

I was trying to think up a quick and easy recipe for dinner tonight.  We got back late yesterday afternoon from Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg Virginia and in less than 24 hours I have one sick teenager on my hands.  It has been just awful since 2:30 in the morning.  I got him to the doctor this morning and his blood pressure is low, body temp low and they suspect Norovirus.  :(  It has been a VERY long day.

While the punk kid probably won't eat dinner with the rest of us I did come up with a quick and tasty dish for the rest of us.  Sweet Pepper Pesto Chicken Pasta.  

Sweet Pepper Pesto
1lb bag mini sweet pepper medley (I used Pero Family Farms)
3/4oz container of fresh basil
2-4 garlic cloves (we LOVE garlic so I tend to go heavy on it in recipes)
1/2 c pine nuts
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
1/4 c olive oil (used a tad more for our desired consistency)
salt and pepper to taste

Penne Pasta (16 oz)
Tyson's Ready Grilled Chicken Strips (1/2 22oz bag) 

Prepare pasta according to package directions.  Defrost 1/2 bag chicken in microwave and then cut into bite size pieces.  Warm the chicken up in the microwave after defrosted and cut into pieces.

Once pasta is done, drain and place in large serving bowl.  Add warmed chicken pieces and sweeet pepper pesto and toss until well combined.  Top with a little extra parmesan cheese and serve family style.  

We had a Caesar Salad and oven toasted salt and pepper Italian Bread and it was definitely a winner!



I LOVE comments! Let me know what you think......

No comments:

Post a Comment